Look! New ones! PS: Eventually I'll get around to randomly
coloring them...but there's just so many new ones...
- If you cool oxygen to minus 361 F, it becomes a bright red solid.
- Orcas kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark's stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.
- Pain is measured in units of "dols". The
instrument used to measure pain is a "dolorimeter".
- In a nod to astronauts, Texas is the only state that
permits residents to cast absentee ballots from space.
- Eleven top executives of the Direct Marketing Association
(the telemarketers' group that is trying to kill the federal "Do Not
Call" list) have registered for the list themselves.
- A Costa Rican worker who makes baseballs earns about $2,750
annually. The average American pro baseball player earns $2,377,000 per
- Albert Einstein never knew how to drive a car.
- During Bill Clinton's entire eight year presidency, he only
sent two e-mails. One was to John Glenn when he was aboard the space
shuttle, and the other was a test of the e-mail system.
- Former keyboard player for Jethro Tull David Palmer is now
a woman named Dee Palmer. He waited until his wife died before going through
with his longtime desire for a sex change.
- The Mars Rover "Spirit" is powered by six small
motors the size of "C" batteries. It has a top speed of 0.1 mph.
- Zeppo Marx (the unfunny one of the Marx Brothers) had a
patent for a wristwatch with a heart monitor.
- Each frame of the Lord of the Rings trilogy requires 12.5
mb in storage. Filmed at 24 frames per second, that amounts to more than 3
million megabytes (3 petabytes) per episode.
- As of January 1, 2004, the population of the United States
increases by one person every 12 seconds. There is a birth every eight
seconds, an immigrant is added every 25 seconds, but a death every 13
- There is a Starbucks in Myungdong, South Korea that is five
- Astronauts cannot burp in space. There is no gravity to
separate liquid from gas in their stomachs.
- The weight of air in a milk glass is about the same as the
weight of an aspirin tablet.
- Every megabyte sent over the Internet takes two lumps of
coal to power.
- Finland has the greatest number of islands of any country
in the world: 179,584.
- The world's smallest winged insect is the Tanzanian
parasitic wasp. It's smaller than the eye of a housefly.
- Two-thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
- Plate glass is actually a very thick liquid.
- The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze
- The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
- If you have three quarters, four dimes and four cents, you
have $1.19. But you cannot make exact change for a dollar.
- There are more plastic flamingoes in the United States than
- The chance that you will die on the way to buy your lottery
ticket is greater than the chance of you winning the big prize in most
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a
- Dolly Parton once lost a Dolly Parton Look-Alike contest.
- The National Anthem of Greece has 158 verses.
- Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
- The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a
substitute for blood plasma.
- The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest
point in Colorado.
- The Bible has been translated into Klingon.
- Toto was paid $125 per week while filming the "Wizard
- All polar bears are left handed.
- In the early 1940s, Heinz produced a version of Alphabetti
Spaghetti especially for the German market that consisted only of little
- To help reduce budget deficits, several states have begun
reducing the amount of food served to prison inmates. In Texas, the number
of daily calories served to prisoners was cut by 300, saving the state
$6,000,000 per year.
- The only member of the band ZZ Top without a beard has the
last name Beard.
- Pope John Paul II is the world's Scrabble champion in the
- Montpelier, Vermont is the only state capitol without a
- If the population of China walked past you in single file,
the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
- Wearing headphones for an hour increases the bacteria in
your ear 700 times.
- In 1993, the board of governors at Carl Karcher Enterprises
voted (5 to 2) to fire Carl Karcher. Carl Karcher is the founder of Carls
- The little hole in the sink that lets the water drain out,
instead of flowing over the side, is called a "porcelator."
- The wingspan of a Boeing 747 jet is longer than the Wright
Brothers' first flight.
- Ted Turner owns 5% of New Mexico.
- Over 8 years, this happened 284 times: "Cosmo"
Kramer went through Jerry Seinfeld's apartment door.
- The cruise liner Queen Elizabeth 2 moves only six inches
for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.
- There are more 100 dollar bills in Russia currently than
there are in the United States.
- Maine has no poisonous snakes.
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the
- 65% of Elvis impersonators are of Asian descent.
- Maine is the only state whose name is a single syllable.
- Pope John Paul II was named an "Honorary Harlem
Globetrotter" in 2000.
- Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan carries the
designation M - 1, named so because it was the first paved road anywhere.
- There are only three types of snakes on the island of
Tasmania and all three are deadly poisonous.
- It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that
the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word
from the first word is "shake" and the 46th word from the last
word is "spear".
- On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the
Parliament building is an American flag.
- If you stretch a standard Slinky out flat it measures 87
- The strength of early lasers was measured in Gillettes, the
number of blue razor blades a given beam could puncture.
- The drive-through line on opening day at the McDonald's
restaurant in Kuwait City, Kuwait was at times seven miles long.
- Point Roberts in Washington State is cut off from the rest
of the state by British Columbia, Canada. If you wish to travel from Point
Roberts to the rest of the state or vice versa, you must pass through
Canada, including both Canadian and U.S. customs.
- The Pentagon in Washington, D. C. has five sides, five
stories, and five acres in the middle.
- Sylvia Miles had the shortest performance ever nominated
for an Oscar with "Midnight Cowboy." Her entire role lasted only
- There is an ATM at McMurdo Station in Antarctica, which has
a winter population of 200.
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- Newborn babies are given to the wrong mother in the
hospital 12 times a day worldwide.
- The Starbucks at the highest elevation is on Main Street in
- In 1998, more fast-food employees were murdered on the job
than police officers.
- The lead singer of The Knack, famous for "My Sharona,"
and Jack Kevorkian's lead defense attorney are brothers, Doug & Jeffrey
- Two very popular and common objects have the same function,
but one has thousands of moving parts, while the other has absolutely no
moving parts - an hourglass and a sundial.
- One out of three employees who received a promotion were
found to have been using a coffee mug with the company logo on it.
- If you know a millionaire who happens to be married, what
is the most likely profession of his wife? She's probably a teacher.
- The two-foot long bird called a Kea that lives in New
Zealand likes to eat the strips of rubber around car windows.
- 1 pound of lemons contain more sugar than 1 pound of
- 160 cars can drive side by side on the Monumental Axis in
Brazil, the world's widest road.
- The "you are here" arrow on maps is called an
- 60% of all US potato products originate in Idaho.
- 61,000 people are airborne over the US at any given time.
- A flamingo can eat only when its head is upside down.
- Mark Twain was born on a day in 1835 when Halley's Comet
came into view. When he died in 1910, Halley's Comet was in view again.
- A blind chameleon still changes colors to match his
- The Weddell seal can travel underwater for seven miles
without surfacing for air.
- In 1963, baseball pitcher Gaylord Perry remarked,
"They'll put a man on the moon before I hit a home run." On July
20, 1969, a few hours after Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon, Gaylord
Perry hit his first (and only) home run.
- The longest word in the English language with only one
syllable is "screeched".
- Pinocchio is Italian for "pine eye".
- All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction"
- A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot
find a mate.
- A baby is born without kneecaps. They appear between age 2
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture
- A snail can have about 25,000 teeth.
- A snail can also sleep for three years.
- A starfish can turn its stomach inside out.
- A strand from the web of a golden spider is as strong as a
steel wire of the same size.
- A toothpick is the object most often choked on by
- About a third of all Americans flush the toilet while
they're still sitting on it.
- According to Genesis 1:20-22 the chicken came before the
- Soldiers from every country salute with their right hand.
- Moisture, not air, causes super glue to dry.
- Only 14% of Americans say they've skinny dipped with the
- What separates "60 Minutes" on CBS from every
other TV show? No theme song or music.
- Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of their
- Most boat owners name their boats. The most popular boat
name requested is Obsession.
- 100% of all lottery winners gain weight.
- An average American will spend an average of 6 months
during his lifetime waiting at red lights.
- Cats can hear ultrasound.
- In a recent survey, Americans revealed that banana was
their favorite smell.
- The arteries and veins surrounding the brain stem called
the "circle of Willis" looks like a stick person with a large
- If you were to spell out numbers, you would you have to go
until 1,000 until you would find the letter "A".
- Bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and
laser printers were all invented by women.
- Married men change their underwear twice as often as single
- A kiss stimulates 29 muscles and chemicals causing
relaxation. Women seem to like it light and frequent, men like it more
- There are more collect calls on Father's Day than any other
day of the year.
- Mel Blanc (voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.
- 40% of all people who come to a party in your home snoop in
your medicine cabinet.
- 3.9% of all women surveyed say they never wear underwear.
- Superman is featured on every episode of "Seinfeld",
either by name or pictures on Jerry's refrigerator.
- 85% of the guys who cheat on their wives die while having
- Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear
- Coca-Cola was originally green.
- Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than for the
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one
olive from each salad served first class.
- Percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28
- Percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38
- Percentage of American men who say they would marry the
same woman if they had it to do all over again: 80
- Percentage of American women who say they would marry the
same man: 50
- Percentage of men who say they are happier after their
divorce or separation: 58
- Percentage of women who say they are happier: 85
- Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches
- Percentage of bird species that are monogamous: 90
- Percentage of mammal species that are monogamous: 3
- Chances that a burglary in the US will be solved: 1 in 7
- Portion of land in the US owned by the government: 1/3
- Only bird that can fly backwards: Hummingbird
- Only continent without reptiles or snakes: Antarctica
- An eagle can kill a young deer and fly away with it.
- In the Caribbean there are oysters that can climb trees.
- February 1865 was the only month in recorded history that
didn't have a full moon.
- Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
- The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in
China in 1910.
- The youngest pope was 11 years old.
- Mark Twain didn't graduate from elementary school.
- Proportional to their weight, men are stronger than horses.
- Pilgrims ate popcorn at the first Thanksgiving dinner.
- Your nose and ears never stop growing.
- Hot water is heavier than cold.
- They have square watermelons in Japan...they stack better.
- Iceland consumes more Coca-Cola per capita than any other
- Heinz Catsup leaving the bottle travels at 25 miles per
- It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.
- Men get hiccups more often than women.
- Armadillos can be housebroken.
- Human teeth are almost as hard as rocks.
- The first Fords had engines made by Dodge.
- A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.
- Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows made of stone.
- A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall
- A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.
- Until 1796, there was a state in the United States called
Franklin. Today it is known as Tennessee.
- The average person has over 1,460 dreams a year.
- One in every 4 Americans has appeared on television.
- The average American will eat about 11.9 pounds of cereal
- You're born with 300 bones, but when you get to be an
adult, you only have 206.
- Over 1000 birds a year die from smashing into windows.
- The State of Florida is bigger than England.
- Ants stretch when they wake up in the morning.
- It's against the law to have a pet dog in Iceland.
- Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day.
- Thomas Edison, light bulb inventor, was afraid of the dark.
- During your lifetime, you'll eat about 60,000 pounds of
food. That's the weight of about 6 elephants.
- Some ribbon worms will eat themselves if they can't find
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
- The worlds oldest piece of chewing gum is 9000 years old.
- In space, astronauts cannot cry, because there is no
gravity, so the tears can't flow.
- About 3000 years ago, most Egyptians died by the time they
- More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones.
- A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.
- Your ribs move about 5 million times a year, every time you
- In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and
- Slugs have 4 noses.
- Recycling one glass jar saves enough energy to watch TV for
- Lightning strikes about 6,000 times per minute on this
- Owls are the only birds who can see the color blue.
- The average American drinks about 600 sodas a year.
- It's against the law to slam your car door in Switzerland.
- There wasn't a single pony in the Pony Express, just horses.
- Honeybees have hair on their eyes.
- A jellyfish is 95 percent water.
- In Bangladesh, kids as young as 15 can be jailed for
cheating on their finals.
- A company in Taiwan makes dinnerware out of wheat, so you
can eat your plate.
- The elephant is the only mammal that can't jump.
- The penguin is the only bird who can swim, but not fly.
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
- Q is the only letter in the alphabet that does not appear
in the name of any of the United States.
- One quarter of the bones in your body are in your feet.
- America once issued a 5-cent bill.
- You'll eat about 35,000 cookies in your lifetime.
- Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.
- Babe Ruth wore a cabbage leaf under is cap to keep him
cool. He changed it every 2 innings.
- Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, in 1918,
by Charles Jung.
- A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years.
- A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
- The pitches that Babe Ruth hit for his last-ever homerun
and that Joe DiMaggio hit for his first-ever homerun where thrown by the
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
- The praying mantis is the only insect that can turn its
- In Tokyo, they sell toupees for dogs.
- There are over 52.6 million dogs in the U.S.
- Dogs and cats consume almost $7 billion worth of pet food a
- Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails.
- Baby robins eat 14 feet of earthworms every day.
- In England, in the 1880's, "Pants" was considered
a dirty word.
- Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
- In 2003, there were 86 days of below-freezing weather in
- The average person laughs 15 times a day.
- We forget 80 percent of what we learn
- An average of 100 people choke to death on
ball point pens each year.
- More people die every year from vending
machines then wolves.
- More people are killed annually by donkeys than die in air
- More people are killed each year by teddy
bears than by grizzly bears.
- 55% of Americans would continue working
even if they received a $10,000,000 lottery prize.
- The company that manufactures the greatest
number of women's dresses each year is Mattel. Barbie's gotta wear
- La Paz, Bolivia is the world's fireproof
city. At 12,000 feet about sea level, the amount of oxygen in the air barely
supports a flame.
- China is the world's largest market for
BMW's top of the line 760Li. This car sells for $200,000 in China - more
than almost all people in China make in a lifetime.
- At General Motors, the cost of health care
for employees now exceeds the cost of steel.
- The United States has five percent of the
world's population, but twenty-five percent of the world's prison
- The leading cause of on-the-job deaths in
workplaces in America is homicide.
- The thong accounts for 25% of the United
States women's underwear market.
- On average, 40% of all hotel rooms in the
United States remain empty every night.
- French author Michel Thaler published a 233
page novel which has no verbs.
- There are 40,000 New York City cab drivers,
who collectively drive more than a million miles each day.
- Oslo, Norway is the world's most expensive
city. A gallon of gas costs almost $5, and it costs $1.32 to use the public
- For the first time in history, the number
of people on the planet aged 60 or over will soon surpass those under 5.
- A Boeing 767 airliner is made of 3,100,000
average child recognizes over 200 company logos by the time he enters first
- Japanese and Chinese people die on the
fourth of the month more often than any other dates. The reason may be that
they are "scared to death" by the number four. The words four and
death sound alike in both Chinese and Japanese.
- There are an average of 18,000,000 items
for sale at any time on EBay, and there are an average of $680 dollars'
worth of transactions each second.
- There is a bar in London that sells
vaporized vodka, which is inhaled instead of sipped.
- 72% of Americans sign their pets' names on
greeting cards they send out.
- The Main Library at Indiana University
sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to
take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the
- Human thigh bones are stronger than
- The Moon is slowly moving away from the
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
- Stewardesses is the longest word that is
typed with only the left hand.
- No words rhyme with month, orange, silver,
- A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for
1/100th of a second.
- Every time you lick a stamp, you're
consuming 1/10th of a calorie.
- A lump of gold the size of a matchbook can
be flattened into a sheet the size of a tennis court.
- Almonds are members of the peach family.
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped
- A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds.
- A dragonfly has a lifespan of about 24
- A quarter has 119 groves along its edge,
and a dime has 118 groves.
- There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf
- To "testify" was based on men in
the Roman court swearing to a statement made by swearing on their testicles.
- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- Cats are never mentioned in the Bible.
- Cat urine glows under blacklight.
- The male praying mantis cannot copulate
while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping
the male's head off.
- Humans and dolphins are the only two
species that have sex for pleasure.
- Camel's milk does not curdle.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients in